Saturday, July 3, 2010

Showdown 2010

It time once again for me to resurrect my blog for this years Tour de France. The competition will be fierce bot in France and in the fantasy competition between myself and my mother. This year we placed a little wager on whose team will net them overall victory. If I win, I get $50.00 to put towards a new pair of Oakley sunglasses. If Mom wins, I'm going to be cleaning her carpets.

Also new this year, I've allowed entries from my brother and sister. In the spirit of how I taught them to play Monopoly, I personally hand selected their teams for them and have added a few custom rules to be revealed later.

Here are the rules:

1. Each team consists of nine riders.
2. Points are awarded daily based on the top ten finishers. 1st place gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9 points, 3rd gets 8 points, you get the picture.
3. There are additional bonuses for each of the jerseys in the race. 10 points for the yellow, green and polka-dot jerseys and 5 points for the white jersey. These points will be awarded daily based on who has what jersey at the time.
4. If a rider abandons or crashes out you get to keep the points they earned up to the point the left the race.
5. If a rider gets caught cheating, all points earned from that rider are forfeited.
6. Custom "Ryan Monopoly rules" are allowed to ensure that Kevin and Tracy do not beat me. The custom rules do not apply to Mom, because even I am not that stupid.

Here are the teams:


The Contenders

Mom

1. Andy Schleck
2. Alberto Contador
3. Bradley Wiggins
4. Levi Leipheimer
5. Fabian Cancellara
6. Linus Gerdemann
7. Frank Schleck
8. Thomas Voeckler
9. Andrreas Kloden

Ryan

1. Cadel Evans
2. Dennis Menchov
3. Tyler Farrar
4. Thor Hushovd
5. Christian Vande Velde
6. Ivan Basso
7. Lance Armstrong
8. Brent Bookwalter
9. Tony Martin

The Pretenders

Kevin

1. Alexxander Vinokourv
2. Mark Cavendish
3. Michael Barry
4. David de la Fuente
5. Chris Horner
6. Ivan Guitterez
7. Oscar Friere
8. Dave Zabriskie
9. Lars Boom

Tracy

1. Christophe Moreau
2. Jens Voight
3. Juan Antonio Flecha
4. Robbie McEwen
5. George Hincapie
6. Carlos Sastre
7. Yukiya Arashiro
8. Stewart O'Grady
9. David Miller

Now before Tracy starts whining about how mean I am, let me point out that Tracy has a lot of people that I have put on my teams in the past. They are all just past their prime now.

Post will be up daily during the Tour so everyone can see how I trounce the rest of my family. Let the race begin.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

HEY! How come I get the old farts? If Team Tracy wins, I get part of your winnings. GO TEAM TRACY!!!!

Tracy said...

Oh, and speaking of Monopoly, I got the Mega Monopoly game and Gavin won't play with me. I think we traumatized him from your birthday that one year...

Uncle Mummy said...

Don't despair, Tracy. You have some great riders on your team - David Millar and Robby Mc Ewen have already scored you some points.